Thursday, July 18, 2013

WIP Thursday: Another Kind of Super Power.

This little fella can be seen making the rounds on Facebook.  The image and intent make me smile, but also reminds me of how I want my son to be and how I try to be.  Underoos and all. *smile*

I also think writers can take something away from this pic.  In childhood, we are so brave and confident in our imaginings.  Time and experience takes that gift away from most.  But writers-writers still posses that gift.  Even with a adults understanding of the worlds harsh realities, we still allow the magic of imagination into our lives and then we send it out to others, hoping they can also share in this magic.

I believe having a imagination is a super power.  I dare anyone to disagree.   And I think believing in yourself is the strongest ability of them all.

2 comments:

  1. Never thought of it that way. You have supervision! I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess writers do see the world a bit different. Clearer view? A talent of observation? I know I used observation when working with my clients and it has translated to my writing. Go Go Observation Girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog