Wednesday, October 6, 2010

WIP Wednesday: What WIP's Do When They Are Sick

First, thank you all for your well wishes. I am feeling better. Thank you and I shall be catching up in the blog world this week. I will not bore you with the details of having a cold or sinus issues, but I will say I started feeling sick about a couple weekends ago.

The Sunday before, I attended my first International Woman's Writing Guild meeting of the season. It was great to be back with the gals. Pot luck treats and writing prompts abound for our season starter.

Unfortunately, I felt the 'walking dead' feeling on and off through that day and by Monday I so knew I was sick. This did not bode well for the rest of my week. Aside from my other obligations, I was in the final stages on getting ready for a area craft show, my first.

So what do WIP's do when they are sick? They improvise and soldier on.


Welcome to my tent at the 34th annual Boardman Rotary Oktoberfest! Sad to say, the day was cold and rained part of it. Not good for getting over being sick. Happy to say I did enjoy the experience, the people and made my space for the day with a little extra. All of this let me ignore the whole wet and cold thing.

The tent is Jim and I camping pavilion when we go to the astronomy field. The pretty little table up front is my great grandfathers. The photos of my wares and said wares are of my creation of course. It was Jim's idea for me to place some of my pics out to advertise (good hubby) and the displays are of my creation. And if you ever wanted another use for a old type drawer, try it as a craft and jewelry display. Just $5 at my local junk store.




And some of my crafty neighbors and patrons milling about old Boardman Park.


Now, be sure to take a card before you go. All not sold at the show will be up on etsy soon enough.














Now, as for my sick WIP Ghost Mountain, I have found some good medicine. A lovely writing pal of mine, Eliza, reminded me that National Novel Writing Month is upon us and NaNoWriMo may be the perfect chance to untangle my WIP while pushing a steady word count towards completion.

I say it sounds like just what the doctor ordered.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling a little better!

    Your tent is fantastic!!! I love the title Salvaged Beauty because your stuff is just that and they are gorgeous!!!

    Good luck with Nanowrimo!!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're feeling better!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you're feeling better. At my daycare, strep and a virus are running around all over the place :(

    I wish your tent could be at my Oktober Fest! I've been squirreling away some monies for etsy shopping. You do some really beautiful work and I hope your sales soar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks team. As I said before, thank you soooo much! ANd thank you for supporting my shop. It means a great deal to me.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog