As stated in my About Me, I am a WIP who is juggling a few WIP's at present. My Jewelry Design Business, Salvaged Beauty, is definitely one of those.
I've never had a business of my own. It can be a lot of preparation and planning. It's a lot of multitask check off lists throughout a week. It can be frustrating and sometimes lonely even. But I like having something that is all mine. And I do like being my own boss. I mean--my boss may be a bit lazy sometimes, but she lets me drink as much coffee and eat as much chocolate as I like. AND she doesn't even blink when I show up in my comfy clothes for work or when I'm late finishing an assignment. Okay, she rocks!!!!!
Good things I have accomplished recently:
- Applied to enter one of my area's largest craft shows. *Crossing fingers*
- Collecting craft show set up equipment (displays, tables, a sign, etc...)
- Created a business card...
- And I am working on a new jewelry project. Painted wood beads for Halloween. Eyes and planets so far. Maybe skulls later?
The chosen piece is my Bollywood Disco Pendent Necklace. My mind had went strait to good old fun lively glittery Bollywood when I found this fun bit of salvage at the market.
Measures at at 31 inches, not including the 3 1/2 extension of chain and 1 inch ball pendent. Suspended on brass crossover chain and accented with two gold Czech beads and black glass beads, this is a easy wear necklace for summer, fall or winter.
To view the rest of the Treasury check here.
And a writerly note, remember Write On Con is still going on, so check it out. And some up and coming blogfests...
* And at A Little Slice of Nothing, "The Weather Blogfest". Due August 14.
* The Literary Lab's second annual Genre Wars Anthology presents "Notes From Underground" contest!
* Jen at unedited, is throwing the Guess That Character Blogfest August 19th and 20th.
Know any other great contests or Blogfests let me know!